SSC CGL Notification 2023 Out: The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts the SSC CGL Exam for the recruitment of Grade “B” and “C” category posts in various Government Ministries, Departments and Offices. The SSC CGL exam is held in 2 stages called Tiers. The entire process of registration and communication happens online through the official website of SSC. Candidates must qualify for each stage of the SSC CGL exam to proceed to the next one, before being finally selected. SSC CGL 2023 Tier 1 Exam is scheduled from 14th July to 27th July 2023. SSC CGL Notification 2023 has been released officially on 03rd April 2023 for filling 7500 vacancies along with complete details.
SSC CGL 2023 Exam
SSC CGL (Combined Graduate Level) is considered to be one of the biggest examinations for graduate students in India. The SSC CGL exam is conducted every year to recruit various posts in the various Ministries and Departments of the Government of India and in its Subordinate Offices. SSC CGL 2023 will be a great opportunity for students looking forward to a position in a reputed organization under the central government. While a government job helps to build a stable career, it is also loaded with responsibilities.
SSC CGL Overview
|Exam Name||SSC CGL 2023|
|Conducting Body||Staff Selection Commission|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Selection Process||Tier 1 (Qualifying)Tier 2|
The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts the Combined Graduate Level (CGL) Exam for recruitment to various subordinate services like:
- Assistants in Ministries/Departments, Attached and Subordinate office of the Govt. of India
- Inspectors of Central Excise & Customs
- Inspectors of Income Tax
- Preventive Officers in Customs
- Examiner in Customs
- Sub-Inspectors in Central Bureau of Narcotics & CBI
- Assistant Enforcement Officer in the Directorate of Enforcement, Department of Revenue
- Divisional Accountant, Jr. Accountant, Auditor & UDCs in various offices of Govt. of India
- Auditor Offices under C&AG, CGDA, CGA & others
- Accountant/ Junior Accountant
- Tax Assistant in CBDT and CBEC
- Compiler in Registrar General of India
- Research Assistant
- Postal Assistant/ Sorting Assistant
SSC CGL Total Vacancy
- The required application fee is Rs. 100/-
- Exemption: No fee is required to be paid by female, SC, ST, Physically Handicapped, and Ex-Servicemen candidates.
- Applications fee should be paid only through SBI either in the form of challan or through SBI Net Banking or any other bank Credit/Debit Card. Challan form will be generated online.
- To pay a fee in cash, the candidate should take the printout of challan generated online after the completion of Part-1 registration. Deposit the requisite fee in any branch of SBI and then continue with the Part-2 registration.
- Those candidates who want to pay online can go directly to part-2 registration after completion of part-1 registration. Candidate must supply registration number and date of birth to continue to Part-2 registration.
- 18 to 32 Years
|SSC CGL Post||Educational Qualification|
|Assistant Audit Officer/Assistant Accounts Officer||Essential Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree in any subject from a recognized University. |
Desirable Qualification: CA/CS/MBA/Cost &
Management Accountant/ Masters in Commerce/
Masters in Business Studies
|Junior Statistical Officer (JSO)||Bachelor’s Degree from any recognized University with minimum 60% in Mathematics in Class 12th |
Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline with Statistics as one of the subjects in graduation
|Statistical Investigator Grade-II||Bachelor’s Degree from any recognized University with Economics or Statistics or Mathematics as compulsory or Elective Subject|
|Research Assistant in National Human Rights Commission (NHRC)||Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized University or Institute.|
Desirable: Minimum one-year research experience in any recognized university or recognized Research Institution;
|All Other Posts||Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline from a recognized University or equivalent|
- 1.1 Tier-I: Computer-Based Examination (Qualifying in nature)
- 1.2 Tier-II: Paper I (Compulsory for all posts), Paper II for candidates who apply for the posts of Junior Statistical Officer (JSO) in the Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation and Paper III for candidates who apply for the posts of Assistant Audit Officer/ Assistant Accounts Officer.
- • All candidates who have applied successfully for SSC CGL exam, will be assigned Roll numbers and Admit Card for appearing in the Computer Based Examination (Tier-I).
- • Based on the marks scored in Tier-I, candidates will be shortlisted, category-wise, to appear in Tier-II and Tier-III Examinations.
- • Separate cut-offs will be released separately for Paper-II of Tier-II (i.e. for the post of Junior Statistical Officer (JSO), Paper-III of Tier-II (i.e. for the posts of Assistant Audit Officer and Assistant Accounts Officer) and for Paper-I of Tier-II (i.e. for all other posts).
- • Tier-II Examinations will be conducted for all the candidates qualified in Tier-I.
- • In Tier-II, all the candidates will be required to appear in Paper-I, II and Paper-III. However, only specific candidates shortlisted for the posts of Junior Statistical Officer (JSO) and Assistant Audit Officer/ Assistant Accounts Officer will be required to appear in Paper-II and Paper-III respectively.
|Tier – I (Qualifying)||Objective Multiple Choice||Computer-Based (online)|
|Tier – II (Paper I, II, III)||Paper I (Compulsory for all posts), |
Paper II for candidates who apply for the posts of Junior Statistical Officer (JSO) in the Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation and
Paper III for candidates who apply for the posts of Assistant Audit Officer/ Assistant Accounts Officer.
Objective Type, Multiple choice questions, except for Module-II of Section-III of Paper-I
SSC CGL provides a wonderful opportunity for candidates who are looking forward to Group B & Group C posts in the government sector. SSC offers attractive salaries and perks to the candidates to apply for SSC CGL posts. The salary differs post-wise and to know the complete detail about SSC CGL Salary, click on the link below.
|SSC CGL 2023 Notification Release Date||03rd April 2023|
|SSC CGL Apply Online 2023 Start Date||03rd April 2023|
|Last Date to Apply Online||03rd May 2023 (11 pm)|
|Last date and time for generation of offline Challan||04th May 2023 (11 pm)|
|Last date for the generation of offline Challan||04th May 2023 (11 pm)|
|Last date for payment through Challan||05th May 2023|
|The window for Application Form Correction||07th to 08th May 2023|
|SSC CGL Exam Date 2023 (Tier-I)||14th July to 27th July 2023|